I thought it might be fun to post this here, since I’ve done it on facebook three years ago! No. 23 is the only change – it used to say: I am deeply disturbed by the state of our garage. But now that my hubby has transformed the then atrocious garage into our functional (albeit still crammed) letterpress studio – that statement is no longer true!
1. I give everything nicknames.
2. I love to cook, specially if it is for other people like my family and friends.
3. I try to stay in touch with family and friends.
4. My feet are always cold.
5. I love dogs, my Frenchie in particular.
6. I cannot walk and drink at the same time.
7. I do not like waking up in the morning.
8. I have a bad temper.
9. I am deathly afraid of worms.
10. I don’t like make-up and therefore never wear it.
11. I love taking photographs.
12. My favorite book is “To Kill A Mockingbird” by Harper Lee.
13. I can watch “You’ve got Mail” over and over again.
14. I obsess about getting in shape but don’t do anything about it.
15. I am a hypochondriac – like father like daughter.
16. My husband is my best friend and my boss at work.
17. I am appalled that my nose is just going to keep on growing.
18. I share the same birthday as my father-in-law.
19. I am sad that common sense is no longer common.
20. I am disheartened by children who are easily bored.
21. I love chocolate.
22. I still watch cartoons.
23. My husband urges me to keep on (re)learning new things (rollerblading, skiing, sailing, yoga, letterpress, etc.) – I am an eternal student.
24. I am a Mac addict.
25. I can’t live without music.
I changed the theme/appearance of our blog to the new iTheme 2 in honour of Steve Jobs, the entrepreneur I’ve always admired and still do.
It is with great sadness that I write this: Steve Jobs died today…
“Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.”
“In most people’s vocabularies, design means veneer. It’s interior decorating. It’s the fabric of the curtains of the sofa. But to me, nothing could be further from the meaning of design. Design is the fundamental soul of a human-made creation that ends up expressing itself in successive outer layers of the product or service.”
“My job is to not be easy on people. My job is to make them better.”
“No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.”
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” [Stanford commencement speech, June 2005]
…but his genius will live on! Thank you for all the sleek grown-up toys, Steve! Rest in Peace!