Chickmuzucch a la Romesco Pizza
I have been gone for a while…busy with the letterpress print shop, preparing for upcoming Farmers’ Markets and so on. But we have a guest (maybe guests) visiting tomorrow. He will be talking to hubby about the possibility for us to design AND print his business cards. Together with his wife, they founded and sold great tasting shortbread cookies! They sort of inspired us to go ahead with our Cookie Companyletterpress print shop!
Anyway, our own (you can guess by the weird name) recipe below is what we will be serving him/them (not sure if wifey will show up) while we discuss future plans…
Ingredients for two medium-sized pizzas:
- 2 pizza doughs (bought frozen at WholeFoods)
- 1 generous cup of Romesco Sauce (prepared ahead)
- 1 1/2 cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cup of shredded Smoked Gouda
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms, grilled and sliced
- 1 very large Zucchini, grilled and sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs of cooked chicken breast (though I prefer boneless chicken thighs), seasoned, grilled and sliced into bite sized pieces)
- 2 handfuls of thinly sliced Basil (optional)
Preheat (the pizza stones-if you have them) the oven to 375 degrees Farenheit. Roll the pizza doughs out thinly on a large, floured surface. Spread the Romesco Sauce evenly between both dough disks with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese. Next, evenly distribute the chicken, mushroom and zucchini over the pizzas. Bury the ingredients under shredded Smoked Gouda cheese. You may top the pizzas with thinly sliced Basil. Add salt and pepper to taste. (Slide the pizzas onto the pre-heated pizza stones-if you have them and) Bake in the oven until all the cheese has melted.
The dish is best enjoyed with a bottle of red wine or Beer – my personal preference would be a Pinot Noir or Pyramid Apricot Beer. We hope our guest(s) will enjoy it and same for you!